Phobos - breaking existing code

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 1 02:52:47 PST 2014

On 2014-11-30 16:36, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:

> I thought dlang.org already has a page that lists language & library
> changes for each of the recent releases?

We have only had that for a couple of releases and not the latest
release. No one wrote that document for the latest release and it,
apparently, was more important to get the new release out.

Also, they only list changes. There's no indication if it's a breaking
change or not.

> Good idea! We should archive docs from older versions of Phobos and make
> them accessible on dlang.org. I'm working on revamping some parts of the
> Phobos docs build; once that's in, it might not be too hard to make it
> also generate docs for older releases.

Yeah, it needs to be possible to access the documentation for an
arbitrary version of D at dlang.org.

--
/Jacob Carlborg