Segmentation fault building druntime head on OS X

Sean Kelly via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 1 12:48:23 PST 2014

On Monday, 1 December 2014 at 20:42:06 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2014-12-01 18:03, Sean Kelly wrote:
>> A few years back, clang was generating an invalid copy ctor
>> for a struct
>> in DMD. I assume this has long since been fixed, but clearly
>> clang still
>> has a few bugs.
>
> Lately I've only been able to successfully run the whole test
> suite for DMD if it was compiled with Clang.

So I get the DMD crash building *anything* with the release
version of DMD from git HEAD.  I generated a debug build though
and it works fine.  So it sounds like a codegen bug to me, but I
haven't taken the time to try and figure it out.  The crash I saw
was in a ctor though.  If it's anything like the crash I saw back
when OS X was moving to clang, it will be that the "this" pointer
has a bad offset.