2 types of D users, both can live together happily if we adjust

Dejan Lekic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 3 07:52:29 PST 2014

Saying that there are "2 types of D users" is the same as saying
"I see the world black and white". :) - It is far from reality. D
community has lots of "groups" if you look closely.

Examples:
1) OOP vs functional/declarative group.
2) system programming vs business programming group.
3) no-GC vs GC group. (related to #2).
4) Stable D spec group vs unstable D spec group (what you call
"experimental").
Etc.
5) web UI vs "native" UI (based library X where X = Qt, Gtk,
FLTK, SDL etc)

Finally, there is "stable D" (D1) but ironically it is not
supported as far as I know. There is no D2 version that can be
considered stable. - There would be, if D team was organised
properly and decided to maintain a stable D2 branch that is free
of "things in motion".

What are alternatives? - Make the abovementioned "stable D"
branch by yourself, and maintain it in-house. It is really hard
to do all this in a truly open project because maintaining this
stable branch is IMHO a full-time job.