2 types of D users, both can live together happily if we adjust

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 3 10:31:33 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 3 December 2014 at 16:21:03 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:
> That will only happen if someone steps up and take a management
> role where issues are identified, analyzed, prioritized and
> followed up with a plan.

It is also worth noting that in most area of creativity the
creators will be too involved with the design to take an "outside
look", so it is might be better to have a person without an
investment  in the design help out.

When collecting issues one should avoid evaluating the issues.
This is a problem with current forum threads. One should collect
all unresolved issues raised by various users first. Only after
collection is finished should one analyze, and only after
analysis should one evaluate.

With no deadline for a stable release commercial related
investment in development makes little sense. If you require a
stable release to use the compiler in production you need a
deadline for the next stable release.

I am convinced this slows D development for no good reason, and I
don't agree Open Source is special. A list of issues that needs
resolution before the next stable release and a plan to go along
with it could make a real difference, IMO.