Reference Counting and Static Checker

renoX via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 4 00:37:44 PST 2014

On Thursday, 4 December 2014 at 06:24:35 UTC, Suminda Dharmasena
wrote:
> What I am saying is, if it is introduced in D it should be more
> flexible than Rust.

This isn't the first post of you who makes me think that you're a
troll but I'll answer anyway.
Having types for static memory safety analysis is, by definition,
not transparent and not flexible either, so it's unlikely that if
D ever implements this feature it will be much different from
what Rust provide.

There can still be interesting differences (syntax), scope (Rust
use block scope currently but this will probably change), but
they are quite minor..