DIP69 - Implement scope for escape proof references

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 4 07:30:58 PST 2014

On 12/4/14 10:06 AM, Tobias Pankrath wrote:

> So if you have multiple ref-counted slices to an array, no one owns the
> array until the ref-count goes down to 1. Question remains, if this is a
> definition of ownership we want to employ.

This is like saying you have multiple owners :) I don't see the reason
to avoid that. It's not like you can't define the owners when there are
multiple references. Only one of them will end up destroying the
variable, but it's not some other entity that will do it, you have a
clear definition of who the owners are.

-Steve