D Meetup in Berlin

Leandro Lucarella via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 4 08:37:38 PST 2014

On Thursday, 4 December 2014 at 15:29:58 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Thursday, 4 December 2014 at 12:57:59 UTC, Ben wrote:
>> I am interested in organizing some meetups for D programmers
>> in the nearby area. The first of these will be very informal
>> and involve a social meeting at a cafe or bar to chat and
>> gauge any interest in future events and in what direction
>> people think these should head. I was thinking of arranging
>> this for mid January next year but am very flexible on the
>> dates.
>
> Sounds great, wanted to initiate that myself for quite a while,
> but lacked the time to do so.
> Lot of people use http://www.meetup.com/, maybe that would get
> us some more visitors.

We thought of at first targeting more towards the existing
community. Then see how it goes and if there is momentum and
interest in doing a more open event, hosting a few talks, some of
them targeted as non-D users. I think that kind of event might be
more suitable to announce in http://www.meetup.com/. But we are
open to other ideas too I think (I don't want to talk in Ben's
behalf ;-).