Need help deciphering posix.mak

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 4 15:23:08 PST 2014

On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 10:19:40AM +1100, Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> "Dmitry Olshansky"  wrote in message news:m5qe1c$218a$1 at digitalmars.com...
>
> >04-Dec-2014 18:32, Dicebot пишет:
> >> Please no additional 3d-party dependencies for D core tool stack.
> >
> >What are current 3rd-party deps? Dependency on DMC make and compiler
> >is already there, GNU make is not installed by default on FreeBSD.
> >
> >What would you suggest we do?
>
> Write a build script in D?

+1.

I've been around long enough to have seen an endless parade of magic new
techniques du jour, most of which purport to remove the necessity of
thought about your programming problem.  In the end they wind up
contributing one or two pieces to the collective wisdom, and fade away
in the rearview mirror. -- Walter Bright