DIP69 - Implement scope for escape proof references

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 4 18:30:40 PST 2014

On Thu, 4 Dec 2014 18:10:18 -0800
"H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d" <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> This way, the programmer not only gets the benefit of attributes without
> actually having to explicitly use them, but the language designers can
> also add many more attributes than you'd ever want to manually type out,
> or even remove old attributes that are no longer useful. The interface
> files will also serve as a convenient (and superior) substitute for .di
> files (uuugly) or .h files (even worse).
and those interface files will ease creation of my pet project: dynamic
component framework a-la BlackBox Component Builder. i'm already
thinking about exporting semi-processed ASTs as ".mda" files, so i can
write tools that bypasses parsing and checking phases. such files can
be used as module interfaces, as syntax completion databases and so on.
they can even be processed with some bytecode generator to improve CTFE.

yet my project plan is to release pre-alpha version not sooner than in
2030, so i'm not really working on it with full speed. ;-)