Do everything in Java…

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 5 00:55:53 PST 2014

On Fri, 05 Dec 2014 08:41:57 +0000
Kagamin via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Friday, 5 December 2014 at 08:34:18 UTC, ketmar via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > 'cause it's much easier to simply use tested and familiar
> > library than to write brand new one.
>
> Why not? There are always things to improve.
my customers paying me for making the work done, not for experimenting
and researching. that's why i'm doing researches in my hobby projects,
and then just using the resulting code in my paid projects. well-tested
(heh, i don't want my projects go mad from bugs, so fixing 'em is a
must here ;-) and mature code. this way everyone is happy, and i'm not
blocked in trying another approach or breaking some API.

if i wrote code especially for payed project, i can't use that code
anywhere else: my customers payed for it, so they own it. i don't want
to go into legal things with them, it's too boring.

but it's generally ok for customers if we'll saying that we will use
some of our internal libraries to deliver a product faster. they don't
claiming ownership on those libraries and everyone is happy.