Do everything in Java...

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 5 14:24:02 PST 2014

On Friday, 5 December 2014 at 21:21:49 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> The only situation where you truly need dedicated servers is
> where you have real time requirements, a constant high load or
> where you need a lot of RAM because you cannot partition the
> dataset.

Btw, in most cases the last point does not apply. Compute Engine
has a 16core/104GB option and I would be surprised if Azure and
Amazon doesn't have a similar offer. You pay for at least 10
minutes and after that per minute at 0.8-1.2 USD/hour. So if the
computation has to run for 30 minutes on 30 instances (Approx.
the cpu power of 480 sandy bridge cores and 3 TB RAM) it will
cost you ~18USD.