Do everything in Java…

Freddy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 5 14:28:43 PST 2014

On Thursday, 4 December 2014 at 13:48:04 UTC, Russel Winder via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> It's an argument for Java over Python specifically but a bit
> more
> general in reality. This stood out for me:
>

> !…other languages like D and Go are too new to bet my work on."
>

> http://www.teamten.com/lawrence/writings/java-for-everything.html

My problems with java:
   no unsigned ints
   primitive are passed by value; arrays and user defined types are
passed by reference only (killing memory usage)
   no operator overloading(looks at java.util.ArrayList)
   no templates
   no property syntax(getters and setters are used instead even if
you know the field is never going to be dynamic)
   only and exactly one class per file(ALL THE IMPORTS)
   every thing must be inside a class(globals and free functions
are static fields in a class)
This is all i can remember.