Do everything in Java…

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 5 16:18:06 PST 2014

On 12/5/2014 12:53 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> The kind of blind application of methodology I had in mind was more
> along the lines of "OK so I'm required to write unittests for
> everything, so let's just pad the tests with inane stuff like 1+1==2, or
> testing that the function's return value equals itself, 'cos it's Friday
> afternoon and I wanna go home".

Sure. Of particular meaninglessness is anything about the mere quantity of tests.

One thing that I absolutely love about D's unittests is they have changed the
culture, like ddoc has. Trying to release code with no unittests looks sloppy
and unprofessional. It's easy for management to say "hey, where is the doc?
Where are the unittests?" Anything is far better than nothing.