DIP69 - Implement scope for escape proof references

Piotrek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 6 15:59:00 PST 2014

On Saturday, 6 December 2014 at 11:06:16 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2014-12-06 10:50, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>
>> I've been over it so many times.
>
> I suggest you take the time and write down how your vision of
> "ref" looks like and the issue with the current implementation.
> A blog post, a DIP or similar. Then you can easily refer to
> that in cases like this. Then you don't have to repeat yourself
> so many times. That's what I did when there was a lot of talk
> about AST macros. I was tired of constantly repeating myself so
> I created a DIP. It has already saved me more time than it took
> to write the actual DIP.

@Manu
Seconded. Please create even short one. I coulnd'd find any
example of use case you are referring to (as you said I don't use
D"ref" so often) . I plan to apply D for embedded systems, so
full control is a must. But so far Water still has the most
accurate taste according to my experience.

BTW. I consider game devs to be the most underpaid programmers,
so your perspective is very precious to me.

Cheers
Piotrek