DIP69 - Implement scope for escape proof references

eles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 7 00:37:05 PST 2014

On Sunday, 7 December 2014 at 06:52:38 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
wrote:
> On Saturday, 6 December 2014 at 12:38:24 UTC, Ola Fosheim
> Grøstad wrote:
>> On Saturday, 6 December 2014 at 04:31:48 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
>> wrote:

> I am a big proponent of dataflow analyses, but I got the
> feeling people think is it pretty hard.

I think D is in a good position to use the information available
in assert* and in contracts for that.

Other languages have to use dedicated tools for that.

In a latter step, D could even formalize this into, as discussed
in other threads, VRP sub-language. But, for the time being, the
leverage offered by assert and in /out is available there to be
used.

*yes, I know the war between assert and assume