Help with d_language subreddit on Reddit

Peter Alexander via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 7 04:34:58 PST 2014

On Friday, 5 December 2014 at 23:25:11 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>   https://www.reddit.com/r/d_language/
>
> It's the default, and is kinda boring. Compare with the rust
> subreddit:
>
>   http://www.reddit.com/r/rust/
>
> While not great, it's much better than ours.

We don't need the subreddit. We have these forums.

Rust has their own forum, but it's for implementers. Most of
their discussions/announcements happen at reddit. That's why it
is more active and maintained.

We already have an active forum here for everything, so we don't
need another one. No point splitting the community. Just leave
the qznc bot their to cross post announcements, but I don't think
there's any value in trying to have, or promote, two separate
forums.