DIP69 - Implement scope for escape proof references

bearophile via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 7 14:58:08 PST 2014

Walter Bright:

> There are probably only a handful of people on the planet who
> actually understand C++ ref. I wished very hard to avoid that
> with D ref.

When C++ programmers say that D-style ranges can't do everything
C++ iterators can do, they seem to miss that sometimes it's a
good idea to adopt a simpler language feature, that doesn't cover
100% usages, if it covers 80-90% of the cases, and has a simpler
syntax, and simpler semantics to understand for the programmer.

(The comment above is not about DIP69).

Bye,
bearophile