Any SIMD experts?

ponce via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 8 08:57:19 PST 2014

Using the fact that a negative 64-bit integer is also a negative
32-bit integer when truncated, you could use 2x SSE2 32-bit
comparison.
- one for [v0 , v1] - [vlow, vlow] compared to [0, 0] (result
should be >= 0, signed comparison)
- one for [v0 , v1] - [vhigh, vhigh] compared to [0, 0] (result
should be < 0, signed comparison)

Then apply logical and on the masks.
This doesn't work if vhigh - vlow spans a too large area.