problem with size_t and an easy solution

Ivan Kazmenko via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 10 21:56:23 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 10 December 2014 at 10:59:17 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> > that is absolutely nonsense, you *CAN'T* "recover" from
>> > invalid code.
>> > that is the fact. fact: Earth is not a sphere. fact: you
>> > can't
>> > automatically recover from invalid code.
>>
>> That sounds much like an opinion, a lot less like a fact.  If
>> you are willing to convince people, please provide some
>> evidence, aside from another unrelated fact.
> the ones who believes that recovery covers most of the cases
> should
> bring proofs, not me. it's obvious that guessing on invalid
> input is
> unreliable.

Fine, I don't have the hard proof at hand, since my
compilation-error state programs don't tend to go into version
control systems.  Perhaps I can track them too if such statistics
can be shown to have some real value.

On the other hand, I'm fine with the current state, and without
evidence from your side, it's not going to change.  So the
inversion of who should bring proofs is also a false claim.