Do everything in Java…

Tobias Pankrath via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 11 04:02:43 PST 2014

On Thursday, 11 December 2014 at 11:46:50 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:

> you can't see how this can help 'cause we don't have such
> AST-companions yet. i can see how this will help 'cause i have
> alot of
> expirience with turbo/borland pascal and BlackBox Component
> Builder.
> think a-la BCB can be a killer app for D, but it's very hard to
> build
> it without good AST-companions.

And we're back to parsing speed. Starting DCD takes 1 (one)
second on my pc and is parsing the hole of phobos and druntime at
startup. And it only starts once a day. The code I'm constantly
changing needs to be reparsed anyway. I never to wait for the
tooltip though. So, using an preparsed ast yields me nothing
today, but might brake all the tools that work with object files.

Giving the amount of manpower available, I'd say we have better
things to do. But I guess no one would mind if you just make it
happen.