DIP69 - Implement scope for escape proof references

Nick Treleaven via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 11 05:43:07 PST 2014

On 11/12/2014 09:07, "Ola Fosheim Grøstad"
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:
> If I as a programmer know that something is safe, then the compiler
> should accept it, and the language should allow me express it.

It will, use @system. Maybe this proposal will be supplemented later,
but there are always costs to making the language more complicated. We
need to be certain they are worth it before adding them. A cautious
approach can be extended later, if the situation demands it.

Sometimes innovative workarounds are developed that are difficult to
foresee in advance - e.g. in Rust their type system can be restrictive,
but they rely on trusted library functions/types to make more things
possible in a safe way.