Jonathan Blow demo #2

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 12 06:32:11 PST 2014

On 12/12/2014 01:15 PM, Tobias Pankrath wrote:
> Actually he dismisses D in his first video for being too much
> like C++.

What do you usually do when learning a new programming language?
Right, write a small program. Apparently he ruled out all 3 candidates
by looking at the front page of their website, so clearly this guy wants
to write his own "personal perfect" programming language, be it for fun
or for fame.
I think every good C++ programmer ends up in this situation at some
point and using an existing language will always feel like a compromise.
And who wouldn't have thought of writing a better D ;).

Anyhow, he seems to be a somewhat smart guy and we could really make use
of one that has enough time to write a compiler. Maybe we could talk him
into giving D a more in-depth look. He might have missed the pragmatic
in "It pragmatically combines efficiency, control, and modeling power,
with safety and programmer productivity.".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH9VCN6UkyQ#t=1626
But to understand how much more productive D is in comparison to C++,
he'd have to actually code something.

-Martin