DIP69 - Implement scope for escape proof references

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 12 11:45:24 PST 2014

On Friday, 12 December 2014 at 12:34:40 UTC, Manu via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> deadalnix also brought up the problem of transitivity. This,
>> too, would
>> simply go away if it's a type modifier.
>
> Just for clarity, does type modifier mean the same thing as
> type constructor?

It appears to me that scopeness is a completely different beast
than type qualifier, and type qualifier won't work.

I think type modifier was just made up here. And why not ? It is
more like some metadata (lifetime) being associated with value
and symbols, like a type would, but that isn't really per se a
type as D understands it right now.