Why do you write D2 compiler using C++ language?

ddj via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 13 05:55:27 PST 2014

Replacing unsupported D1 with unfinished D2 does not seem to me
like good idea for language.

I like D, and I wish to learn it and use it.

But so many issues and bug fixes scares me from using it.

High activity in the project to me does not look like sign of
good support, more like unstable and buggy implementation. Maybe
problem is in implementation language you want to replace? I
guess, best test for language is compiler bootstrapping.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bootstrapping_%28compilers%29

IMHO, if you want million of users, at least no new feature
should be added before number of issues and bug fixes stabilize
to about one per month

Thanks