Why do you write D2 compiler using C++ language?

ddj via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 13 06:48:03 PST 2014

> nobody forces you to use current developement versions. stick
> with the
> version of your choice (2.066 for example), that's all.

Unfortunately it is unclear to me how many current bugs/issues
are related to stable version. On another side, I do not like to
use stable but crippled version

> not all D programmers wants "millon of users". i, for example,
> want a
> language which will be great for me, not for "million of
> users". that's
> why i think that D developement is very slow, "don't break the
> existing
> code" is overrated and c++ interoperbility is on the bottom of
> the
> list. but this is my own opinion, and i'm not even a major
> contributor.
>
> what i want to say is that D community consists of many groups
> with
> different visions, so it's hard to say what "we" exactly want.
> ;-)

I've seen many YouTube videos about D and as far a I can remember
"million users" is at least Walter&Andre's wish. That is maybe
good only for the Amazon books? :)

AFAIK c++ binary interoperability is very difficult problem due
to different c++ compiler implementations.

Thanks