Lost a new commercial user this week :(

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 14 06:53:44 PST 2014

On 14/12/14 09:37, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> The formatting  didn't help, there's a lot of noise and a lack of
> structure in the documentation's presentation that makes it hard to
> see the information through the layout and noise. As senior software
> engineers, they basically expected that they should be able to read
> and understand the docs, even if they don't really know the language,
> after all, "what is the point of documentation if not to teach the
> language..."

Can you be a bit more precise about what were the stumbling blocks with the
documentation?  Were there any particular concepts necessary to understand the
docs that weren't there?  What were the exact things they were trying to do (in
terms of accessing and understanding the documentation) that were difficult?
Did they give any particular feedback in terms of how they expected things to be
organized, and how that differed from what they found?

Thank you in any case for trying to get people on board.  I'm sorry it was such
a negative experience for you all.