Lost a new commercial user this week :(

yawniek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 14 08:18:26 PST 2014

On Sunday, 14 December 2014 at 15:56:20 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Sunday, 14 December 2014 at 15:36:47 UTC, yawniek wrote:
>> On Sunday, 14 December 2014 at 14:09:57 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>>>
>>> As always, different tools for different uses.  Hopefully, D
>>> can one day be polished and mainstream enough for the
>>> enterprise use case and it will be efficient enough to be
>>> deployed at scale too. :)
>>
>> when will that be? windows version 25, sqlite version 1147?
>
> As I said earlier, when D garners significant commercial
> support.
>  I suggested a commercial model of providing a paid compiler
> alongside the free compiler last year, but the D core team
> wasn't interested:
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/sglcqsiphpntcdlhvwvn@forum.dlang.org
>
> There are other possible commercial models discussed in that
> thread.  D's bounty system was started soon afterwards, but
> probably isn't used as much as it could be.

well, i am not so sure that commercial models are needed, but
instead of trying to invent a new gui library, make the os
available for 32/64. fix all those projects that deal with db,
gui etc. get rid of all those misleading, outdated projects with
galloping consumption, since people find those projects with the
result -> it given up, not working ....
all those little patches, and little add-on's are transformed
into huge success stories on reddit - man is that getting
embarrassing.

this language is developed now for over 7 years (i think) and it
is still not mainstream usable. what has to be done?