i want my bounty!

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 15 02:06:41 PST 2014

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 09:46:29 +0000
uri via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Ideally there'd be a tool to turn Bugzilla patch submission into
> a Github PR. But again it's work *someone* has to do and it isn't
> *that* much of a hurdle to get onto Github with a made up account
> just for D.
except that i can't make account just for D on github. it's "all or
nothing" thing, and i don't want "all". so the only choice i have is
"nothing". it's not about "don't use features you don't want", it's
about me don't want to be genuine github user. i don't want to look
like part of github community, i don't want to be shown in their
userlist in any way, and i want that anyone looking at my github
profile see the explanation that i don't like github, i'm not a part of
github community and i was just forced to join for the projects i
listed. this is impossible, however, so github is a no-go for me.

and it's ok for D community to ask to use github, but then there must
be a clear sign in bugzilla that tells the users that they HAVE to use
github to submit patches. each time they want to attach a patch file
(and why that patch files are still allowed then?).

it's another "purely cosmetic issue", D is full of that. the thing
people somehow don't want to understand is that "cosmetic issues" are
important, as they builds the image of the whole project. that's why
i'm stressing "cosmetic issues" again and again in the desperate hope
that someone will grok that simply thing.