i want my bounty!

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 15 11:30:59 PST 2014

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 19:04:36 +0000
Piotrek via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Monday, 15 December 2014 at 18:05:22 UTC, ketmar via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > i will not use github under any circumstances
>
> Can I ask why? Seriosly. If I may know what you care for.
there are several reasons. two main are:

1. i don't like the modern attitude "githib or GTFO". it's not about
collaborating anymore, it's like "hey, we built this fancy social
network (and managed to turn git into centralized system by the way),
so get social! yes, our bugtracker sux, our wiki sux and such, but this
is nothing compared to be social!" i hate that.

2. i don't like the tone of the letter i received after RoR bug
disclosure (the one where one user can impersonate another user and get
acces to his repos). that was almost an order instead of an apology.
too much for me. i deleted my github account and i don't want to
participate in github in any way anymore. at least until i will see the
big personal apology banner on the main page of github.

> - Asking because I assume you are a GPL'guy (who,
> "unfortunately", I'm not)
so as you can see this is not about GPL or something. this is about
attitude which i don't like. maybe i'm overreacting, but i'm very
stubborn person sometimes. simple registration on github gives 'em +1
user. not that they care about that one user, but *i* care about github
not getting that user.