i want my bounty!

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 15 11:39:40 PST 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 09:30:59PM +0200, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 19:04:36 +0000
> Piotrek via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
> > On Monday, 15 December 2014 at 18:05:22 UTC, ketmar via
> > Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > > i will not use github under any circumstances
> >
> > Can I ask why? Seriosly. If I may know what you care for.
> there are several reasons. two main are:
>
> 1. i don't like the modern attitude "githib or GTFO". it's not about
> collaborating anymore, it's like "hey, we built this fancy social
> network (and managed to turn git into centralized system by the way),
> so get social! yes, our bugtracker sux, our wiki sux and such, but
> this is nothing compared to be social!" i hate that.

If you put your git repo online somewhere, I wouldn't mind pulling from
it and pushing to Phobos as PRs. It's much more convenient than
downloading patches off bugzilla. (Git was designed to be used this way
in the first place!)

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes." -- E.W. Dijkstra