i want my bounty!

Piotrek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 15 13:38:26 PST 2014

On Monday, 15 December 2014 at 19:31:10 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> 1. i don't like the modern attitude "githib or GTFO". it's not
> about collaborating anymore

But DVCS is a guarantee that actually you can say, Gitub, go away
yourself (when needed).
I think Github gives D the central repository service for "free"
+ flexibility of DVCS.

> but *i* care about github not getting that user.

Yeah, I use similar approach for other services (which are, in my
case, against the Christan morality), so I can fully understand
your reasoning. However I still don't understand what's wrong
with "social" side of Github. To me it's very optional.

Anyway, I hope you can find some good solution for this. For now
we don't have official process to transfer Bugzilla patches to
Github and I agree there is a place for improvement in Bugzilla
instructions to state it explicitly.

If others are not against it, you can notify about patch
availability in the announcement forum with short information
that you can't go to the Github service for personal believes.

Piotrek