D game development: a call to action

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 16 04:56:38 PST 2014

On 16 December 2014 at 09:40, bitwise via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> @manu
>
> I'm a little confused.. Looking through your Fuji/Source/Drivers folder, I
> see folders for IPhone and Android, among others... does your engine
> actually run on these platforms?
>
> I was under the impression that D could not compile to those targets yet.

You'll notice that the engine code is not D code...
Most of those platforms run fine, although some are out of date. I
only tend to maintain the ones I'm actively using, some needs some
updates, but I'm good at that, and it's nice to dig out the consoles
from time to time to get them up to latest.

D will work on most of those platforms just fine if you abandon the GC
and exception handler. PS2 is probably the only platform that will
never work.
GC and exceptions typically require druntime port work.