Lost a new commercial user this week :(

CraigDillabaugh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 16 06:00:56 PST 2014

On Monday, 15 December 2014 at 22:23:17 UTC, evenex wrote:
> On Monday, 15 December 2014 at 21:15:21 UTC, CraigDillabaugh
> wrote:
>> Is your project open source?   If so as a student we will
>> likely be looking for applications to the 2015 Google Summer
>> of Code, if D is accepted as a mentoring organization.  I
>> would need to investigate if having a student working on their
>> existing project would be allowable, but it might be possible.
>>  We would still have to find a mentor for you.
>>
>> Alternately GSOC 2015 might be your chance to learn a bit more
>> about compilers!
>
> It's not currently open source (I am hoping to use this
> software to help me support myself - maybe open-sourcing could
> open the door for that, but it's a one way trip so I am
> hesitant) but I do like the idea of doing GSOC and improving
> the D language. If it involves work with the compiler, I'd also
> come out better equipped to deal with related future issues...
> How do I find out more?

The current state of things is summarized (sort of) in this
thread:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/fpaxvelugeltxbfmzwqa@forum.dlang.org

I am hoping to get some work done on the DWiki projects page over
the
holidays, so you can look on there for ideas.  If we are accepted
as a mentoring organization then you could find a project on there
you are interested in working on, or come up with your own
proposal.

Cheers,

Craig