Lost a new commercial user this week :(

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 17 00:41:06 PST 2014

On 15 December 2014 at 11:35, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 12/14/2014 5:29 PM, Dicebot wrote:
>>
>> If your colleagues went with node in the end and kept happy with it, quite
>> likely they simple don't need advantages vibe.d can give to their project.
>> There
>> is no shame in it.
>

> I also noted that none of the issues were the language itself.

Exactly! And I've been repeating this for some years now; I think D's
biggest 'issue' today is the environment.
The language can always be improved, but I think it's a bigger issue
that the tooling is, in my experience, the primary detail that
inhibits adoption.

How can we stimulate this area of development?
Companies will pay money for tooling, if it works! ;)

Do we have any vector's into Microsoft to get fixes for D'd debugging
experience into their debugger? Are there any sympathetic developers
at MS?