Lost a new commercial user this week :(

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 17 02:16:03 PST 2014

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 18:06:25 +1000
Manu via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> I'd suggest to look at high-quality commercial documentation, like
> MSDN or wherever.
please, no! the fact that you are used to it doesn't mean that msdn is
a quality dox.

besides, msdn references are exactly what phobos documentation is:
description of functions. will msdn reference dox help you to learn
msvc? yet you citing it as "high-quality" and blaming phobos dox for
doing (or, rather, not doing) the same.

> One thing I know for sure, is when they are confronted with
> constraints, especially on templates, they have absolutely no idea
> what they're looking at...
did they ever tried to learn the language? seems that you just throwed
phobos dox at them and expecting them to use that dox to learn D.
D is not C. D is not C++. one must learn it before using it. and phobos
documentation is not for learning the language, it's reference for
phobos.

i bet the story was like this: "guys, look at this cool language, it's
almost like C++, and has some great features! let's use it!" "ah,
almost like C++? so we don't have to learn? great, let's do it! but...
hey... what do all that gibberish in documentation mean? i've never
seen that is C++... screw it, this wannabe C++ language is awful!"