Do everything in Java…

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 17 09:29:54 PST 2014

On Wed, 2014-12-17 at 09:09 -0800, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:

[…]
> Very interesting. Even after all IDE details are factored out, the
> code is quite convoluted. No wonder Ruby on Rails and friends are so
> attractive by comparison. -- Andrei

For the record, the right tools for lightweight web applications on
the JVM are Grails, Ratpack, or Vert.x. JavaEE is for "enterprise size
sites" (which is why it has enterprise in the title I guess :-).
Spring as was is still there but Spring Boot is making a lot of people
very happy.

I do not do any Web application, but I know a lot of people who do.

BSkyB for example do some JavaEE, quite a lot of Spring, and a great
deal of Grails.

cf. http://grails.org/doc/2.4.x/guide/gettingStarted.html,
http://www.ratpack.io/manual/current/, http://vertx.io/

--