BNF grammar for D?

Kingsley via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 17 13:05:02 PST 2014

> Hi Bruno,
>
> Thanks very much. I do have a couple of questions about DDT in
> relation to my plugin.
>
> Firstly - I'm not too familiar with parsing/lexing but at the
> moment the Psi Structure I have implemented that comes from the
> DDT parser/lexer is not in any kind of hierarchy. All the
> PsiElements are available but all at the same level. Is this
> how the DDT parser works? Or is it down to my implementation of
> the Parser/Lexer that wraps it to create some hierarchy.
>
> For intellij it's going to be vastly easier to have a hierarchy
> with nested elements in order to get hold of a structure
> representing a class or a function for example - in order to do
> things like get the start and end lines of a class definition
> in order to apply code folding and to use for searching for
> classes and stuff.
>
> Secondly - how active it the development of DDT - does it keep
> up with the D2 releases.
>
> --Kingsley

After doing a bit more research it looks like I have to create
the psi hierarchy myself - my current psi structure is flat
because I'm just converting the DeeTokens into PsiElements
directly. I've still got some experimentation to do. On the plus
side I implemented commenting, code folding but everything else
needs a psi hierarchy