Lost a new commercial user this week :(

Ondra via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 18 02:54:22 PST 2014

>> Most people just want to go home to their wives and kids.
> that's why the whole software industry sux nowdays. if one
> doesn't like
> his work he shouldn't do that work. simple as it is.

While in other industries it is different.

> (just for info: i'm near my 40 and i still love to spend
> sleepless
> nights writing interesting code or learning something new)
>
>> Docs need to have examples which are plain and obvious, and the
>> language will be absorbed by osmosis.
> but phobos dox are exactly like this! i was never puzzled by
> phobos
> documentation, and it has alot of samples which illustrates
> various
> things. reader just expected to know D, it's template system
> and some
> basic "idiomatic" things like ranges.

No. There are almost no examples on practical usage of packages.
Have you tried to use e.g.: std.json from scratch with only
reading documentation without googling forums for help how to
actually use it? I am not clairvoyant so I really don't know what
was author's intention on how to use this package. And there is
zero information about it in docs. Same holds for other parts of
docs.