Lost a new commercial user this week :(

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 18 03:09:12 PST 2014

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:23:32 +0000
Ondra via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> What about stop flaming and do some research on this.
> Create some questionnare of some sort and ask D lang developers
> what was hard for them while learning. What they found difficult
> about language and then try to improve based on some data instead
> of shooting blindly.

and the first questions should be "what other languages do you know?"
"what other languages do you like?"

i, for example, found compile-time code generation easy, as i love
Scheme. the same with "function (template, actually) should accept any
type which conforms to the protocol" conception.

some of my mates are hardcore C programmers, and i see that it's hard
for them to change their style: they tend to write "classic OOP" code
instead of "protocol contracts", avoid nested functions and delegates.

what i'm trying to say is that "language of choise" matters here, so
survey must clearly ask about that.