Lost a new commercial user this week :(

Paolo Invernizzi via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 18 05:24:22 PST 2014

On Thursday, 18 December 2014 at 11:21:09 UTC, Dicebot wrote:

> Exactly what I have meant - we don't truly have END-users.
> There are more involved users and less involved users, each
> working on parts and tools he needs. Some of those users do it
> in spare time and for fun, few are paid programmers enhancing
> tools needed to use D in their company. But there is not a
> single person actually selling D or getting anything from its
> success, maybe apart from Walter himself. How can one have
> customers without having sellers?
>
> We are all bunch of investors here.

SR Labs is using D under Windows and linux in production, since a
long time: for example, D will be present at CES this year,
powering an eye-tracker linux kiosk from the ground-up.

Sadly, currently we have not a single minute to spare,
contributing back to the D ecosystem, but I've more than a hope
that we can change that in the near future... finger crossed...
---
Paolo