Lost a new commercial user this week :(

bioinfornatics via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 18 06:54:55 PST 2014

On Thursday, 18 December 2014 at 14:46:33 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> How one can consider pip a good thing for packaging and blame
> dub at the same time is beyond my comprehensions. I have
> nothing but hatred against both pip and gems.

You missed the point:
- to me dub is a pip like

but in python they split into 3 software
- a builder (setuptool and newer version)
- a package manager (pip)
- a package index (pypi)

This is better to me, people which do not care about pip and
other can to use only the builder.
End user to get their killer app working can use pip

with the same file setup.py they add many software level:
- end user do not care about standard path and want something
easy to use
- packager need to insert correctly the software inside OS
environment

With the json file for dub I think that is possible to get it