Lost a new commercial user this week :(

Daniel Davidson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 18 16:52:23 PST 2014

> So to sum things up
>
> 1. you blindly walked into something you had no real experience
> with, apart from some vague memory that some parts of vibed
> worked for you a while ago.

Pure bile. No - reread the thread.

> 2. you knew the debugger might be an issue, if not _the_ issue,
> but chose not to test it beforehand, or couldn't test it
> beforehand, because
>
> 3. you were working on a foreign framework (and simply hoped
> things would work out fine, fingers crossed!).

Isn't that what you would hope? I would.

> These are crucial bits of information that were missing from
> your first report.
>
> Please try to be more accurate the next time. Holding back
> crucial information gets us nowhere. It only leaves the (false)
> impression that D is completely unusable.

How can you read this thread and think he was holding back
anything. Everything he says is *easily* relatable and
understandable. Besides he is trying to provide valuable
information in a way that is much less abusive than many of the
threads in this community. What I read was not that "D is
completely unusable" but rather "the D debug story on Windows is
a big problem and it lost D some potential users".