What is the D plan's to become a used language?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 18 23:50:35 PST 2014

On actual plan of D development - I believe that if situation
stays the same existing companies and core contributors will need
to step up and take over management of the language at some
point, based on some well-defined decision making protocol. Right
language leadership is the bottleneck - and hardly backed by any
implementation power.

This is purely my personal opinion (not Sociomantic) and I don't
want really to put much into it until we are fully in D2 world
but my opinion of established system is very pessimistic.

It is also sad that Andrei didn't manage to convince Facebook
leadership to invest seriously into language development. It
could have been very cost-efficient long term investment and game
changer.