Lost a new commercial user this week :(

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 19 03:12:02 PST 2014

On 16/12/2014 6:48 p.m., Rikki Cattermole wrote:
> On 16/12/2014 5:11 p.m., MattCoder wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 16 December 2014 at 03:50:59 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
>>> I started writing a small booklet on this, if you got an email if
>>> you're interested or some way to send you. Please let me know.
>>
>> Do you mind to share with us all? :)
>>
>> Matheus.
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-EiBquZktsLc0czUzZVeGlLM00/view?usp=sharing
>
> No guarantees of how long it'll stay up there.
>
> And to reiterate, its only just a start. And I don't know if I ever
> complete it. There isn't really enough material for an actual book.
> Maybe booklet but meh.

Update, had a look into offerings for publishing, going with lulu.
It'll be a pocket book. Although won't publish to book format for a
while (ebook only). Around 50 pages.
It won't be centered purely on D, more this is what could be available
and this is how to deal with it in e.g. D.
Basically, I know there is very little resources on CTFE in any form
published. So my goal is to get this authoritative as possible on the
subject.
So with any luck, 50 years from now people will still be asking
questions about what D was, and its state when it was written.

I have about 10 pages to go. Uses cases, 1 design pattern, bunch of
exploring of language support (LISP) and some misc stuff. So maybe
sooner rather then later there will be an announcement.