What is the D plan's to become a used language?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 20 04:21:48 PST 2014

On Saturday, 20 December 2014 at 12:19:34 UTC, Bienlein wrote:
> I would say that D needs a usecase that puts it aside from
> other languages. For Java this was the Internet. For Go it was
> channel-based concurrency in conjunction with some style of
> green threads (aka CSP). It is now the time of server side
> concurrent programming. I would suggest to jump onto this wagon
> and add channels and green threads to D. When people
> successfully develop many server side systems this way as with
> Go the news will spread by itself. No killer app for D needed.
> Also Go does not have one.

CSP is not superior to message passing for concurrent server
programming and D already beats Go in this domain, it is purely
marketing crap. Stop repeating same statement over and over again
with no technical data to back it up. Or just go and implement
CSP if you want it so much - I doubt anyone would object merging
it if it is already implemented.