What is the D plan's to become a used language?

ponce via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 20 05:55:59 PST 2014

On Saturday, 20 December 2014 at 12:39:01 UTC, Bienlein wrote:
> This way a lot of people out there have built server side
> systems with Go in record time. All the startups using Go are
> proof for this.

I would be wary of extrapolating best practices from what
startups do.
Startups succeed when they bet on the right market or propose
something new and needed. I suspect technological choices play
little part here, and that's why most companies using Go are
startups: they could use almost anything and have the same
outcome.

Successful rewrites from hyped language X to hyped language Y as
pictured in blogs can also be misleading: almost all rewrites are
rewrites of problematic systems in the first place, hence
successful especially rewrites of young programs.