Lost a new commercial user this week :(

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 20 09:12:48 PST 2014

On 12/17/2014 09:45 AM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Well... when? I've been here 6 years. When can I start to use D for my work?
> Other languages seem to have a higher velocity. Are we fighting a losing battle?

Other languages do much less than D which is a full-blown C++ replacement.
We've made huge progress in the past few years, look at the number of
bugfixes and enhancements http://dlang.org/changelog.html and we
introduced or finished several language features, that make D even more
powerful (e.g. UFCS, UDA, alias this...). Still only very few people
actually work on the compiler and we're also pretty bad in coordinating
contributions.