What's missing to make D2 feature complete?

Kapps via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 21 04:48:34 PST 2014

- Tuple support would be nice (more minor for me)

- Proper @nogc support (Exceptions in particular make @nogc
unusable in its current state, I've stopped bothering with it)

- Final -> virtual support (fairly important)

- Fixing importing / visibility (ie, 314 and other issues)

Besides the above already-semi-existing features, I'd really like
to see better syntax for creating properties than:

/// Such and such documentation
@property int a() const @safe pure nothrow @nogc {
     return _a;
}
/// Ditto
@property void a(int val) @safe pure nothrow @nogc {
     assert(val > 0);
     this._a = val;
}

Something like the following would be nice (not sure if any
language constructs prevent it though): shorter and prevents the
awkward glued-together feeling properties have.

/// Such and such documentation
@safe pure nothrow @nogc @property int a {
     const get() { return _a; }
     set(val) {
         assert(val > 0);
         _a = val;

Ideally extendable to something like the following for a trivial
get/set: