What is the D plan's to become a used language?

Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 22 00:22:33 PST 2014

"Ola Fosheim Grøstad" " wrote in message
news:aimenbdjdflzgkkteruk at forum.dlang.org...

> Hardly, you have to be specific and make the number of issues covered in
> the next release small enough to create a feeling of being within reach in
> a short time span. People who don't care about fixing current issues
> should join a working group focusing on long term efforts (such as new
> features, syntax changes etc).

Saying it will work doesn't make it so.

> That's good, people should not expect experimental features or unpolished
> implementations to be added to the next release. What goes into the next
> release should be decided on before you start on it.

That's nice an all, but if you can't get developers to work on the features
you've decided on then all you end up doing is indefinitely postponing other
contributions.

I do agree that work should be polished before it is merged, but good luck
convincing Walter to stop merging work-in-progress features into master.
I've been on both sides of that argument and neither way is without
drawbacks, with the current contributor energy we have available.