Davidson/TJB - HDF5 - Re: Walter's DConf 2014 Talks - Topics in Finance

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 22 00:35:58 PST 2014

On Saturday, 22 March 2014 at 14:33:02 UTC, TJB wrote:
> On Saturday, 22 March 2014 at 13:10:46 UTC, Daniel Davidson
> wrote:
>> Data storage for high volume would also be nice. A D
>> implementation of HDF5, via wrappers or otherwise, would be a
>> very useful project. Imagine how much more friendly the API
>> could be in D. Python's tables library makes it very simple.
>> You have to choose a language to not only process and
>> visualize data, but store and access it as well.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Dan
>
> Well, I for one, would be hugely interested in such a thing.  A
> nice D API to HDF5 would be a dream for my data problems.
>
> Did you use HDF5 in your finance industry days then?  Just
> curious.
>
> TJB

Well for HDF5 - the bindings are here now - pre alpha but will
get there soone enough - and wrappers coming along also.

Any thoughts/suggestions/help appreciated.  Github here:

https://github.com/Laeeth/d_hdf5

I wonder how much work it would be to port or implement Pandas
type functionality in a D library.